Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Journey....

So I created this blog to keep myself on track with my own fitness goals,career goals,maybe life goals,to inspire people,motivate people,possibly educate people....This officially begins mt new journey...This blog will be totally devoted to fitness and health....I have spent several years now not really knowing where I was going with my life. I was never the girl growing up thinking, "I wanna be a..." No way...I was more like the girl that had no idea what I wanted to be, changed my mind constantly (total Libra), wanted to be whatever my friends wanted to be,etc....I went to college got my bachelors in education and by the time I was done with it didn't want to work in that field...Took some time off...Took a few psych classes and somewhere in all of that got really into fitness...or so I thought...Meaning I had barely just scratched the surface back then..So I found a master's program in the fitness realm and got my masters in Kinesiology...Finished and still had no clue what I was doing with my life...By that time I was working out religiously but didn't know exactly what I was doing....Had tried almost every diet,most weight loss trends, struggled with an eating disorder(yes I will admit that)...Didn't know if I wanted to be skinny or buff,lean or thick...I was lost....I had body image and self esteem issues for so long...In school, with cheer leading, when I looked at the media and all the "beautiful" women sending out wrong and mixed messages I was a mess.....Now fast forward some years, I have been on a roller coaster ride when it comes to body image,self esteem,what I want to do with my life, where I am going, what my purpose is,etc...I now feel like I am in a place where things are starting to click and come together...It is now making sense....and I have a better understanding of why I went through all these things...It was to bring me here.....This year I am working on my ACE certification,continuing to reshape my body, doing a couple of runs (5mile and possibly half marathon), plan on taking a variety of fitness classes to learn more,experience more, and become even more well rounded, learn to cook more....So this blog will be an inside look at all of this...It will keep track of my progress,setbacks,my emotions,experiences and my successes..I am so happy to finally be in this place and excited about what the future has in store for me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment