Wednesday, January 12, 2011

You are only cheating YOURSELF

Although this phrase can apply to many areas in life I am specifically referring to eating habits and exercise habits.....This phrase was also used at one of my exercise classes recently regarding completing the exercise set with all the reps,full out and NOT tapping out or half assing it....Basically she barked that if we half stepped it, or stopped at 10 reps instead of the ordered 12, we are ultimately only cheating ourselves not her....True. And the other day I was speaking to my friend (I call my "gay husband"), trying to enocurage him to go to the gym and to stop eating poorly...and he responded," How do you know I am eating poorly??" I mean besides your multiple fb status updates which reference pancakes,taquitos,etc???!!!!Well, instead of calling him out on these status updates I simply responded with, "because I am your friend and in the end whether you are honest about going to the gym or not,eating healthy or not....you are only cheating yourself...Not going to the gym or eating fast food every day or even most days won't affect me." This is so true..You can lie to the world...because it doesn't affect the world..it only affects yourself...So go to the gym...or not..make smart eating choices...or not....Go to the gym and then follow it with a trip to the drive thru....Go to the gym but NOT be focused and skimp on your reps/sets/intensity....but know in the end you are only cheating yourself...not me:) (That was my Jillian Michaels soapbox speech of the day...)

No comments:

Post a Comment